The thrill
Oooh la la!!!
Its not in the making, the brand or the taste
Although I must admit there's something about bergamot or lemon in there
that simply makes it stand out.
There's something about Earl grey that Lipton and Top tea can't quite match up to
And while Tetley is walking on sunshine, PG Tips is quite the refresher.

So what's the big deal about my cup of tea?
Its the pleasure of indulging in a solitary moment
When my drink speaks to my lips
and each sip comforts my ailing tongue
I'm probably addicted.

But why not? It sits there and just watches me
Obeying my every whim like a loyal servant
Not asking questions nor wanting to be heard.
Just yielding, respecting my moods
Hot, cold, lukewarm, sweet or bland
It tastes just how I like it.
Having let go of so many things
This cuppa is my patriot
whom I can nearly always rely on to be in my mood.

It gets me
It doesn't judge me
It waits
Till I invite it into my world.
And when its just the two of us
It hears my secret talks
the ones that besides the walls of my journals
Only God in heaven knows.
I listens, attentively
Without so much as  a blink at my ridiculousness
Its just here, right where I need it
A loyal friend
My cuppa tea.

Comments

Popular Posts